Thursday 28 March 2013

Review: Lancome Eau Fraîche Douceur




The Lancome Eau Fraîche Douceu also known as, Micellar Cleansing Water Face, Eyes, Lips, has been my daily morning facial cleanser for about a month's time already. As it is a cleansing water, it does not be rinsed, making it very convenient and time-saving in my morning skincare routine. I just put 2~3 pumps of the product on to a cotton pad and wipe on my face, leaving it feeling fresh, clean and toned. Unlike many cleansers which I have tried before, this actually makes my skin feeling moisturized! Sometimes I even bring it out with me and quickly use it to wipe my face so i can feel refreshed, but of course that is when I dont have makeup on. 

The cleansing water, also claims to be able to remove all, eye, face and lip makeup, including waterproof ones. I would say that it does a decent job in removing base and lip makeup, but for eye makeup it would require a lot of product and some tugging to get the job done. However, it has not been able to remove my gel liner and mascara fully and I often have to go over with an eye makeup remover to get the residue out. (That may only be because i use too much of the stated makeup products, though; I have heard from some of my friends that they were able to remove even those with this cleansing water.) Overall, my own personal experience would state this as a good cleanser, but may not be the best makeup remover I have tried.




Here is a picture of my hand with  primer and waterproof eyeliner pencil on.


I used around 3 pumps of product and with a little tugging action, the makeup products have been absorbed onto the cotton pad.


All clean!!

Pros:
-convenient  and does not require rinsing
-gentle and not drying
-effectively cleanses base and lip makeup
-can be used "on the go", great for hotter months and seasons! 
-lightly scented

Cons:
-may not be effective at removing certain eye makeup

Who may like it?
-anyone who wants a refreshing, convenient and gentle cleanser 


Score:
4.5/5 

 I hope you found this review useful and should you have any questions, feel free to post comments. 
-Makeupmacaron 

No comments:

Post a Comment