Monday 25 March 2013

Review: Guerlain L'or Radiance Concentrate with Gold


(image taken from official Guerlain website)

Guerlain L’or Makeup Base is one of the best primers that I have used so far.  It is quite pricy ($76 CND) for 30 ml and contains real 24k gold flakes. The product itself comes out as a clear gel texture and 1 pump is all I need to prime my whole face. The gold fakes blends out effortlessly while having anti-aging skincare benefits. I really notice the difference on days I use this and on days I do not. It not only adds radiance to the facial complexion  but it also helps to moisturize the skin and keep the makeup staying on longer. I usually use this lightly scented primer along with my Guerlain foundations but have still gotten positive results even when I combined it with foundations from other brands.  I have been using this primer in the winter season (its very dry and cold in where I live) and have noticed that I have had less dry patches and cakey makeup clinging to them. I have also gotten less acne with continued use, maybe due to the healing power of gold? However, this primer did not do an adequate job of minimizing and making my pores look less visible.  At the 6~8 hour mark I did notice my skin feeling a little oily with shine, but that can also be due to my teenager skin so I cannot fully judge if it is due to this particular product. Overall, the benefits outweigh the negative aspects of the product and I will definitely repurchase for my winter skin primer.  

Pros:
-light weight
-keeps makeup staying on longer
-adds radiance
-moisturizing

Cons
-the price
-does not have significant pore minimizing effect
-may get oily on the T-zone depending on the skin type you have

Who may like it
-people who needs a moisturizing and anti-aging primer
-people who wants to prolong their wear of makeup

Score: 4/5


 hope you found this review useful and should you have any questions, feel free to post comments. 
-Makeupmacaron 

No comments:

Post a Comment