Saturday 23 March 2013

Review: The history of Whoo Gongjinhyang Oil Balm Cleanser

Hey readers, 
Welcome back to Makeup and See More :) Today I will be doing my first product review on skincare! As I have stated in my disclaimer, my full review will be based on my OWN PERSONAL opinion and I am not affiliated with any companies. Also as a side note, sorry about the blurry photos, as I have taken them using my phone, as my camera has been misplaced. 

Recently I have been using products from The History of Whoo skincare line, I am not to familiar with the brand as a whole, but  from what the sales associate told me, the brand's philosophy is based on oriental herbs and medicine that has been used in the royal court to preserve the beauty of the queens! Wow!  Today, I will be reviewing the Gongjinhyang Oil Balm Cleanser which has given me some amazing results! 




First, it came in such a beautifully packaged box...



...and inside you will find a manual, a spatula and the product itself! (I really like the beautiful packaging!) The manual claims that this product is a one step oil balm cleanser which melts upon contact with the skin.  


                                                           (This amount is all i need!) 

As you can see, i have already been using this cleanser for a few weeks. It comes as a solid balm and I scoop out the amount i need with the provided spatula. From my experience using it, this product truly does what it claims to do, being a one step cleanser which leaves a comfortable feeling.  I use this as my nightly cleanser, and by only using a small amount and massaging it onto my face for 1~2 minutes, it removes ALL my makeup, even waterproof! Even the thick layers of creamy waterproof eyeliner I wear, this removed it all in one go! I'm impressed!! Furthermore  this cleanser also left my skin feeling clean but moisturized and smooth at the same time. It did not leave me any dry patches on my dry sensitive skin.  I also really liked the refreshing herbal scent that it has, although some people may find it strong. To conclude, I really like this cleanser and I think I will keep using it as my nightly cleanser!  5/5 stars from me! 


This review was done based on my own opinion and knowledge of and on using the product. Should you have any questions or any products (from my previous posts)  that you would like me to review, feel free to leave a comment. :)  


-MakeupMacaron

2 comments:

  1. Love your review. Does this contain any silicone or mineral oil/paraffin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I am not too sure, as the ingredients were written in Korean language and I cannot read it.

      Delete