Wednesday 27 March 2013

Review: Burberry Velvet Foundation





Attracted by the beautifully packaged bottle with the signature Burberry plaid on the cap, I decided to give the Burberry Velvet Foundation at try in color trench 01. It has a rather fair color with yellow undertones and leaves a semi-matte finish. The sales associate told me that this is an oil-free formula, is good for all skin types and even better for those with combination skin.

I am currently having a love-hate relationship with this product; on days on in which I have smooth, exfoliated, moisturized and acne-free skin, the finish of this foundation is AMAZING. It make skin look velvet and glowing, natural skin. It also does a decent job of retaining moisture. HOWEVER, on days when I do have dry patches or acne, this foundation places emphasis on them rather than fixing them. It clings to dry patches and makes acne look even more obvious.  After various attempts in hope that different primers and application tools (brush, sponge, fingers) would improve the look of this foundation on my flawed skin, I have finally given up and decided that this foundation would only be used on days when I have nearly perfect skin. To be honest, I’m disappointed, for its price tag I was hoping for better. I’m still trying to figure out how I’m going to get through the bottle, as perfect skin doesn’t happen often. The good thing about this foundation, though, is that it is able to provide coverage while looking natural, so I seldom use a concealer for my acne scars and dark eye circles with the use of this foundation.

Furthermore, on days even when I have good skin, this foundation tends to get cakey in a short period of time.  Even with primer, this foundation tends to move around my face a lot making spots look uneven and I have even experienced  shine while using this foundation. Its gel texture also requires fast blending, as it sets rather quickly on my skin.

Pros
-looks natural
-beautiful bottle
-able to cover up uneven skin tone (such as scars without the need of a concealer)
-nice floral scent
  
Cons
-cakes up
-places emphasis on dry patches and acne
-moves around your face
-may be considered expensive

Who may like it?
-people who want natural looking foundation

Score
3/5





It comes in a long and slim bottle with the iconic Burberry plaid on the cap.

Its a very long bottle! 

It comes out in a gel formula that sets quickly. Be sure to work fast! 


Blended on my hand. It leaves a smooth texture on my skin while looking natural. 

 I hope you found this review useful and should you have any questions, feel free to post comments. 
-Makeupmacaron 

No comments:

Post a Comment