Tuesday 11 June 2013

Review: Yves Saint Laurent Forever Skincare Line

I have been trying the YSL Forever Youth Liberator skincare line for a little bit more than a week and it has impressed me very much. I have seen significant results after usage and my skin condition has become firmer, softer and more radient. It is an anti-aging line however, but since I do not have fine lines or wrinkles yet, I cannot comment on that part from my own personal usage. All the products in this line that I have tried contain the same fragrance which I find pleasant, but may be a little too strong for others.

YSL Forever Youth Liberator Day Cream

(picture taken from official YSL beauty site)

The day cream contains SPF 15 and comes in a rich texture that I find very moisturizing and leaves my face feeling very smooth and soft. It also acts great under makeup and I find that when I use this, I dont have the need to use a foundation primer. It has also helped made my sensitive and prone-to-flaking skin stronger and firmer. 

                                          YSL Forever Youth Liberator Night Cream

                                             (picture taken from official YSL beauty site)

The night cream comes in a similar texture to the day cream. It is very moisturizing and leaves my skin feeling soft. It can be a little bit too rich for oily skin types but it has made my thin combination sensitive skin on my cheeks feeling firmer and improved the overall texture of my facial skin. 

                                                  YSL Forever Youth Liberator Serum

                                            
                                         (picture taken from official YSL beauty site)

The serum in my opinion is the star product of the line. It really has made improvements into my skin and has made it more radiant. I usually use it on top of toner and before moisturizer. For day, I sometimes think that this is moisturizing enough to use on its own without having a moisturizer on top in days with hotter and more humid weather. After using this for a week, my overall skin texture has been improved and skin tone has been more even.

Overall, I really enjoy the overall line of YSL's Forever Youth Liberator skincare line. It has made good improvements to my skin textures and made my complexion more even and radiant. It is also very moisturizing and leaves the face feeling soft and smooth

Pros:
-very effective and moisturizing
-nice scent ( but may be over powering to those who are sensitive to scents)
-makes skin radiant
-makes skin firmer

Cons:
-may be too moisturizing for those with oily skin

Overall:
5/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment