Thursday 4 April 2013

Review: Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

(image taken from official shiseido website) 

The weather has been getting warmer and spring is approaching. Usually, I like to use brightening products during the warmer seasons as I will get exposed to the sun more. Brightening products help even skin tone and prevent the formation of  sun spots and are a great aid for getting rid of scars too. 

While searching for a brightening cleanser, I found a sample sized 30ml version of Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam as a gift with purchase from a few months ago, which I only started using last week.. As the season gets warmer, my skin does tend to get a little bit more oily so a foaming cleanser is perfect. I have been using this as my night cleanser on days in which I dont have makeup on. I usually squeeze a pea sized amount onto a bowl and then use a cleansing brush to beat it up into a foam and apply to my face, like how they taught me at the shiseido counter. It really foams up when I use this method  but not so much when I just rub the cleanser between my hands then apply to my face.

The cleanser does leave a drying sensation, but did not give me any patches or spots. I usually apply toner and moisturizer after cleansing. I did notice that my pores got smaller and fewer blackheads after using this cleanser but I dont really see the brightening effects, just yet. 

Pros:
-Foams up a LOT
-fewer blackheads and smaller pores, fewer breakouts

Cons:
-drying sensation after cleansing

Who may like this?
Anyone who wants smaller pores, fewer blackheads and a foaming cleanser 

Score
4/5 


 I hope you found this review useful and should you have any questions, feel free to post comments. 
-Makeupmacaron

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip on getting the cleanser to really foam! I usually just apply them on :S Will try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no problem! im glad i helped, tell me how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete