Wednesday 10 April 2013

Review: Guerlain Liquid Eyeliner


Guerlain's liquid eyeliner comes packed in a luxurious black box, and promises to be long lasting. From my experience, it does prove to be long lasting and opaquely pigmented, but tends to flake if I dont use a primer. My experience with this eyeliner has been positive overall, but I find that it takes a long time to dry (around 1 minute) and will smudge if I open my eyes before letting the liner dry completely.  I find that when i apply a lose powder over it will prolong the wear even more. 



The packaging of the bottle is luxurious, and its long ergonomic handle makes lining easier.   I usually shake the glass bottle before application. 

As you can see, the brush is really soft and fine. It would take a little bit of practice to master, and it is able to draw both fine and bold lines. 

Swatched on my hand, a variety of thicknesses can be achieved using this liner. I usually use this liner when I want to draw a thin, natural looking eyeline, but dramatic cat eyes are also easily created by using this liner. The color is deep and black, very intense and opaque. 

Pros:
-Opaque

-Long lasting
-Can create a variety of thicknesses

Cons:

-May flake
-May not be the best for eye-lining beginners 

Who may like it?

-Anyone who wants a long lasting and pigmented liquid eyeliner.


Score
4.5/5 



 I hope you found this review useful and should you have any questions, feel free to post comments. 
-Makeupmacaron

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this Guerlain eyeliner. First time using an actual brush liner and felt like it gave me more control of the line thickness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great to hear!! Glad that you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete