Wednesday 23 October 2013

Review: Pola Whitissimo


          I have recently got a gift with purchase set of the Pola Whitissimo skincare line. Pola is a brand from Japan that may be hard to find but the quality of the products are great. As from the name, the Whitissimo line focuses on whitening and brightening. After using these products for almost a month, I do notice that my skin tone is more even and lighter (which i love). My acne scaring has not changed much however. 

         
          The first product to use in this set is the Makeup Cleansing Cream. It is part of a 2 step cleansing process and this cream cleanser should be used first to take off makeup and impurities on the skin. I wet my face first and squeeze a pea sized amount on to my hand while i rub it into my foundation covered face. While this manages to do a good job at taking off my base makeup and powder, I find that do need to use a oil based makeup remover for my waterproof eye makeup. The cleanser does not leave the skin feeling dry at all. 


         After taking off my makeup with the cream cleanser, the Cleansing Foam is the final step in cleansing. This cleanser really foams up and leaves the skin feeling clean and soft. I do notice that my face becomes brighter after the use of this cleanser. It does not leave my face feeling dry at all and I think this would even be suitable in the approaching winter months. 

   
        The Whitissimo Lotion is actually a toner, and I put a few drops onto a cotton pad then wipe it on my face. It does hydrate the skin and helps the moisturizer absorb better. It is rather light in texture and consistency. 


       The set has also came with the Milk Night, which is a light more fluid-like night moisturizer. Despite its texture, this milk does a great job of hydrating. I usually just apply this without any other moisturizer on top and is enough to make my skin feel soft and supple. 



        The final product of this set is the Whitissimo Cream. It is light in consistency but is intensive in moisture. I only use this on days in which my skin feels extremely dry.

Overall, the whole set is very moisturizing and it would be very suitable for those with  dry skin and also like whitening.

Pros:
-moisturizing
-whitening
-unscented
-effective

Cons:
-may be hard to find

Overall:
5/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment